The Internet is a critical tool for business communications, for most it is a high priority to ensure there are no interuptions. A growing number of organisations are obtaining a secondary communications connection to ensure a continuous service.
A redundant link ensures that the entire network remains in service. The best way to avoid long network outages is through redundancy, this allows for switching all traffic to a secondary connection when failure of the primary link occurs, the redundant link is able to fully replace the primary link in terms of speed and bandwidth so as to minimize the business impact.
"Our proactive solution prevents service interruptions and problems before they arise"
Redundancy is used as service assurance, should an emergent issue occur for exampe:
- Natural Disasters: eg: Fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes etc
- Construction Work incidents
- System and/or Hardware failures
- Terrorism Attacks
Things to consider before choosing a redundancy solution:
1. Service Delivery Method: true redundancy requires two connections and two paths. eg: if your service relies on copper based lines, it would be wise to choose a different form of service delivery.
2. Cost: With our redundant connections there is no need to pay the full monthly service cost. The scalability option allows for quick delivery of required speeds. eg. If your primary link operates at 10Mbit/s, then during non-disaster periods, redundant service will operate at 1Mbit/s, and during disaster periods, the redundant service operates at 10Mbit/s.
3. Allowing for growth: Our service is capable of scaling upto 1Gbit/s.
4. Service access ability: Our service is delivered via a data centre and you are provided access to the facility 24 hours a day to ensure ease of access to your network services.
5. Implementation: Quick implementation of service is paramount for customers, our systems can be installed within a few days, in some cases a few hours.
6. Distance: It is highly recommended that the recovery facilities are located 20-30kms away from your current server location. We have several facilities that span Australia wide.
7. Service Includes:
- Innovative solutions using leading carrier-grade technologies
- Carrier grade IP network backbone with multiple upstream connections hosted in redundant data centres
- 24 x 7 service monitoring & connection support